stolen bike dynasty

Monday, August 14, 2006

5 games in: Bama at 4-1 in year 2

Here's a recap, since my last update of my 2nd year in dynasty(2007)

# 10 recruiting class (3 Frosh starters on D)
Colorado W 31-28
at Maryland W 13-10
Northern Illinois W 61-21
still no #1 HB, Coffee, Johns (my FB), & Upchurch, all split carries

next two games were against ranked teams Arkansas, who whooped me last year and I don't know why, but I scheduled Notre Dame in South Bend

#18 Arkansas W 48-44 4OTs

Game started out well. John Parker Wilson was unstoppable hitting his first 10 passes as Bama took a 21-14 lead into the half. Then something happened, the Hawgs D stepped up and J.P. threw 3 picks in the third quarter. The Hawgs were up 28-21 with a minute left, then bammmmmmm Keith Brown returns a punt return for a TD.Here we go to overtime. Ended up going into four overtimes. Sophmore Mike McCoy (pictured right , yes that is an Auburn shirt), who was silent in regulation stepped it up getting 2 key TDs in OT along with the game winning 2 point conversion. He is my 4th WR, but McCoy is also my #2 TE, so I exploited the matchup with their OLB (should've done it the entire game) Clearly the MVP, finally tally 6 REC 134 YARDS 2 TDs, most of it in OT. I hope JR Darren McFadden leaves for the NFL early, because he was unstoppable with 170 yards and 2TDs, all in the second half. Regardless Bama gets a key SEC west victory. ESPN rates game as #1 overall. Bama hits Coach's poll at #22 and Media at #23; Roll Tide!

at #12 Notre Dame L 21-24

No real life early UND commit Jimmy Clausen or his funky hair and speedos in the video game, but regardless Zach Fraser lights up my D for 302 yards and 2 TDs. I don't really have much to say about this game, except OUCH! See you in Tuscaloosa next year jerks! McCoy was the top WR with 2 receptions 62 yards and 1 TD. J.P. was much better going 12-18-165-1-1. Game was a battle of Defences and Zach Fraser put on a show in the 2nd half (another second half breakdown) Notre Dame 24, Bama 21

Man and I use to like ND, booooo!

next up undefeated Georgia at Home. The #2 RB from Kirkland, WA will be visiting, I better win that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home