stolen bike dynasty

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

pac man's birthday and more toronto hate

Ya ya, I know the leafs lost 4-1. So I'd like to change my prediction to 81-1-0. but thats not what I'm upset about, apparently i missed out on Tennessee Titans DB, Adam "Pac Man" Jones's Birthday Ballout. What the heck was I doing sunday night! Now I have no use for my new collared shirt from American Apparel. Oh wait a second, booooo!, It says "Ladies 21 & up" booooooo! Okay back to the Leafs. So I was on the bus and I overheard some kid on his cellphone making plans to catch the Sens / Leafs game and then he goes and says "yo we gotta hook up and watch, because the Leafs suck" (DS can verify this story) . Hahahahaha, I couldn't help but laugh. Wow Canuck fans go out of their way to watch the Leafs lose! ! WOW! I wish I could say the same for my fellow Torontonians, but frankly we don't really care. Actually I take that back, we do care. In fact most of us (those who haven't lived in Van) wish good will upon all Canadian teams. (except Ottawa) Anyways I'll let Riverdale Palm Trees discuss further on this Van city attitude. If you don't feel like reading the whole article, I think this sums up most people's general distaste towards Vancouver,

unlike Vancouver, Toronto does not fancy it to be the greatest city on earth. Far from it, most Torontonians consider it to be light years behind LA, London, and New York, whereas many people in Vancouver consider it to be the one true paradise on earth, or at least in Canada. But there’s a problem with that attitude. Toronto’s inferiority complex causes it to work harder to try to become a world class city, it constantly recognizes its flaws and tries its hardest to make the world notice all the wonderful things the city is doing. But Vancouver sits back, and lets the beautiful mountains, and vast ocean take all the credit for it being such a wonderful city. Oh, yes, there are some lax drug laws, congratulations on that. By not recognizing that there are bigger, better, and more progessive cities in the world, you never move forward, you never spread out.

This point is best illustrated in a little chit chat I had with a good Van city friend of mine, in which she said "if Toronto is so great, how come all of your friends live in different cities around the world, all my friend still live in Van" HA, EXACTLY! All of us who grew up in downtown T.O. have at one point or another lived in another place. Since high school the majority of people I knew always had a desire to explore the world. Just like its a prerequisite to go on the half pipe at Mt Baker, it was pretty much a prerequisite to go backpacking round the world and to live in another Canadian city. Its cool to love your hometown, but not realizing that there is a much bigger world out there, you tend to develop an attitude that youre the greatest shit in the world.

Anyways I still like this city, I mean I love eastvan and the cheap sushi, and most of you van city natives whom I befriended are exempt from this attitude (well most of the time) but going back to that kid on the bus. Watch the Leafs game because you like hockey or because you have Wellwood in your fantasy pool, but don't just simply watch it because "the Leafs suck"

4 Comments:

  • ha ha kid on the bus got your goat.

    p.s. cool poster, let's do lunch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/10/06 12:14 AM  

  • "Since high school the majority of people I knew always had a desire to explore the world."

    Fuck You, It's because everyone knows TDOT sucks and they want to get the fuck out of dodge.

    Your friend in Beautiful BC,
    Marty from Chilliwack

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/10/06 8:55 AM  

  • lol...can't believe that guy is from chilliwack. I probably know him.

    you know..when I first read the article I was kind of mad. But then I realized I'm not even from Vancouver, and you're totally right.

    Keep it real.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/10/06 7:55 AM  

  • as much as I have distasted for all things suburban, I actually don't mind you jerkoffs from Abby, Chilltown and such, also east van people are exempt too (this rant is on West enders, downtowners and kits people, though dam kits people have been great to me so far)

    MV

    By Blogger MV, at 6/10/06 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home